Teeth Whitening in Brandon, Gander, Mississauga & Torbay
A ready smile is an excellent icebreaker. But, unfortunately, it’s not always easy to smile when you have a stained or discoloured smile. Tooth discolouration can leave you feeling self-conscious and low on self-confidence. The good news is that you can get your bright smile back through teeth whitening in Mississauga, Brandon, Torbay, Gander.
Teeth whitening is among the most in-demand cosmetic procedures and the simplest route to a smile makeover. Thanks to teeth whitening, you can achieve your dream smile within a single appointment.
If you’re interested in teeth whitening near you, reach out to Smiles of Canada to schedule an appointment.
Causes of Tooth Discolouration
Teeth may become stained or discoloured due to various reasons, including:
- Excessive tobacco use
- Poor dental hygiene
- Ageing and genetics
- Certain medications
- Dental materials, e.g., silver amalgam fillings
- Dark-coloured drinks and foods
Scheduling dental exams and cleanings with our dentists near you can help prevent tooth discolouration. However, if you’re already struggling with discolouration, all is not lost. A single teeth whitening session at Smiles of Canada can bring back your smile’s lost glory.
Some forms of discolouration cannot be treated via teeth whitening. In such cases, the dentist may recommend alternatives such as dental crowns and veneers.
Teeth Whitening Step-by-Step Procedure
Before undergoing a tooth whitening procedure, our dentists in Mississauga, Brandon, Torbay, Gander carefully evaluate you to determine if you have any ongoing issues such as cavities. Such problems need to be resolved first before you can proceed with the whitening treatment.
The step-by-step process of a tooth whitening appointment is as follows:
- The dentist checks the shade of your teeth to determine the degree of whitening required.
- Next, the dentist thoroughly cleans your teeth to get rid of plaque and food debris.
- The dentist applies a gingival barrier to protect your gums during the whitening procedure.
- Finally, the dentist applies the whitening product (hydrogen peroxide) to your teeth. Hydrogen peroxide whitens teeth by breaking down the complex tooth stain molecules into smaller, less visible components.
- The dentist may rinse and re-apply the whitening gel every fifteen minutes until they achieve the desired shade. In addition, some specific whitening systems use a special light to accelerate the bleaching process.
- After your final rinse, the dentist applies fluoride varnish to protect your teeth against sensitivity.
Are you tired of feeling uneasy about your smile? Unfortunately, many people with stained teeth experience the same feelings. Thankfully, your well-deserved smile makeover is only a phone call away. To experience advanced and painless teeth whitening near you, please book an appointment with Smiles of Canada.